On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:06 AM, dann frazier <dann.fraz...@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 7:47 AM, Paolo Pisati <1749...@bugs.launchpad.net>
> wrote:
>> Good, any other pending tests?
>
> Yes, just one more. I'm going to run the same test on the kpti kernel
> on a different system of the same config, but *without* lvm crypt.
> Starting that now.

Unfortunately, that locked up. Not in the disk test, but while running:
stress-ng -k --aggressive --verify --timeout 1560 --brk 0
(I kicked off a full cert re-run)

Those stress-ng process are stuck blocked for I/O, and commands like
'ps -ef' hang.
The system is otherwise idle.

** Attachment added: "kern.log"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1749040/+attachment/5070520/+files/kern.log

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1749040

Title:
  KPTI support for arm64 systems

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  While regression testing the current linux-hwe proposed kernel
  (4.13.0-33.36~16.04.1), I found that it fails to boot on a Cavium
  ThunderX CRB. I've rebooted twice since upgrading from the current
  -updates kernel, and it's failed to boot both times, with different
  failure modes.