Our team does generate those kernels, but they are for test purposes
only and are not meant for day-to-day use. As such they are not
officially supported. The option here was new in 3.12 and for whatever
reason got defaulted to off, but as soon as those builds start using the
trusty kernel packaging the option will be enabled in the mainline
builds.

  please enable CONFIG_RT2800USB_RT3573 in kernel 3.12

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “linux” package in Debian:

  As said into the title, in the new 3.12 this option is disabled in
  ubuntu

  quoting the .config file
  # CONFIG_RT2800USB_RT3573 is not set

  I have a device using this module, and I did recompile the kernel
  (enabling it) successfully.

  Please consider enabling it.

  Thanks
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  Package: linux (not installed)
  Tags:  saucy
  Uname: Linux 3.12.0 x86_64
  UnreportableReason: The running kernel is not an Ubuntu kernel
  UserGroups: adm lpadmin sambashare sudo vboxusers