** Also affects: ubuntu-power-systems

** Changed in: ubuntu-power-systems

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Canonical Kernel Team (canonical-kernel-team)

** Tags added: triage-g

  Fix trying to "push" an already active pool VP

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
  Triaged

  Hello Canonical,

  Could you please include the following patch in Bionic?
  --

  When setting up a CPU, we "push" (activate) a pool VP for it.

  However it's an error to do so if it already has an active
  pool VP.

  This happens when doing soft CPU hotplug on powernv since we
  don't tear down the CPU on unplug. The HW flags the error which
  gets captured by the diagnostics.

  Fix this by making sure to "pull" out any already active pool
  first.
  --

  Patch: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/897035/