We haven't seen it in Xenial, but we managed to reproduce it back to the
daily Bionic build from the 2nd of March. We haven't tested Bionic daily
builds before the 2nd of March, nor did I try to reproduce it on Zesty
or or Artful.

  [Hyper-V] KVP daemon crashes at startup

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  While testing Bionic daily build with kernel 4.15.0-20-generic we saw
  the following issue with the KVP daemon:

  KVP daemon crashes after approximatively 2 minutes of uptime and it enters in
a failed state. The daemon can be manually started and it enters back in active
(running) state.
  The error messages from /var/log/syslog after the daemon enters the failed
state are the following:

  Apr 25 04:28:46 bionicDaily KVP: read failed; error:9 Bad file descriptor
  Apr 25 04:28:46 bionicDaily systemd[1]: hv-kvp-daemon.service: Main process
exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
  Apr 25 04:28:46 bionicDaily systemd[1]: hv-kvp-daemon.service: Failed with
result 'exit-code'.
  Apr 25 04:28:59 bionicDaily systemd[1]: Started Hyper-V KVP Protocol Daemon.

  Note: There was a simmilar issue discussed on this thread
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1664663, but the
  fixing commit seems to be inclued in this Bionic build.