Have you tried latest amdgpu [1]?

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/ branch amd-staging-drm-
next

  Cannot boot/install AMD Ryzen 2400G

  Did a motherboard swap on a trusty old computer that ran ubuntu for 10 years
or so. Now it only runs windows (same hardware fresh installs windows with no
issue). brand new ryzen 2nd gen with graphics.

  I know about graphics drivers issues, wasn't expecting that to be dealt with.
  Just trying to use it as a cpu. So I put in an older (RADEON HD 7850
pitcairn) video card to get some functionality.

  Without the video card, it boots, but the display is unusable. I can
  ssh in and see that it works fine as a server, but cannot use terminal
  or graphical display.

  With the video card, Put daily ubuntu Bionic image, and "Try Ubuntu",
  and it goes into an infinite loop. photo attached.  I tried 16.04.4 and
  I think it just went into a blank screen.