That thread states the firmware was taken from the Windows driver, which
isn't surprising. No license information is given, and it would be
pretty unusual for a Windows driver to be licensed in a way that would
allow us to distribute firmware files taken from it.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  linux-firmware is missing ctefx-sbz.bin for snd_hda_codec_ca0132

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:

  I'm not 100% sure what this firmware blob is actually used for, as the
  card is mostly functional without it and I'm not confident the broken
  bits aren't due to an incomplete driver, but it requests it for
  CA0132-based PCIe addin cards (Sound Blaster Recon3D, Z series, X
  AE-5).

  Package: linux-firmware 1.173.3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.18.0-15.16~18.04.1-generic 4.18.20
  Uname: Linux 4.18.0-15-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Feb 13 22:49:48 2019
  Dependencies:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color