** Tags removed: verification-needed-disco
** Tags added: verification-done-disco

  AX88772A USB to Ethernet dongle doesn't work

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux source package in Disco:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Eoan:
  Triaged

  There are 2 asix drivers in the kernel, they are drivers/net/usb/asix and
drivers/net/phy/asix. It leads to the compilation race condition that one
overwrites the other asix.mod in .tmp_version directory. This affects the USB
dongle if the "phy" one wins.

  T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  7 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
  D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
  P:  Vendor=0b95 ProdID=7720 Rev=00.01
  S:  Manufacturer=ASIX Elec. Corp.
  S:  Product=AX88772A
  S:  SerialNumber=000527
  C:  #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=250mA
  I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=00 Driver=asix

  [Fix]
  The same name asix has been introduced since v4.18-rc1 by this commit
     31dd83b96641 net-next: phy: new Asix Electronics PHY driver
  the new commit fix this issue by renaming it
     a9520543b123 net: phy: rename Asix Electronics PHY driver

  [Test]
  Verified on my own ASIX USB Ethernet dongle.

  [Regression Potential]
  Low, it only rename the module name, no code change.