Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and helping to make
Ubuntu better.

This failure as you describe it (squashfs problem) reads like a bad
download or bad write to install media (where you get /dev/sr0 read
failures). If you look in your (missing) logs it'll have messages like
the following (from another like report, not yours as yours were not
attached)  :-

Jun 26 10:37:24 ubuntu kernel: [  363.074612] SQUASHFS error: zlib
decompression failed, data probably corrupt
Jun 26 10:37:24 ubuntu kernel: [  363.074615] SQUASHFS error:
squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x76d9b3d5

Possibly useful : https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-how-to-
verify-ubuntu#0 and
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/CDIntegrityCheck

In your case I'd suggest you validate your ISO, and install-media
(thumb-drive, cd, dvd or whatever you use which is referred to as CD)
then try again.

  installation failed

  The installation for ubuntu 18.04 and 19.10 failed on laptop called dc pro as
in
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1751990
  for ubuntu 16.04.03 and 16.04.06 (should have same problem on 04 and 05)

  on 18.04 the problem is the same as 16.04.03+ the moving 5 dots will
  stop and system hang

  on 19.10 it will eject the disk and print something like
  nouveau problem
  /dev/sr0 read problem
  squashfs problem
  I think the problem occured before that since the 5 dots stop moving and
cdrom stopped then both restart then cdrom rejected and print out above message