This reads like a duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1854798

However with the missing logs - it's harder to assess. (Synaptics s3203)

   Synaptics s3203 touchpad not working after update to kernel 4.15.0-72-generic

  Dell XPS13, Ubuntu 18.04:  Trackpad stopped working

  When I opened my laptop this morning (Dell XPS13, purchased in fall
  2014), the trackpad no longer worked. No touchpad appears when typing
  "xinput list".

  Submitting bug report per advice at
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingTouchpadDetection

  Contents of "/proc/bus/input/devices" attached.

  Thank you!