This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1860800

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: eoan

  Ubuntu 19.10 doesn't shutdown

  Hello guys,

  I can't shutdown Ubuntu 19.10. When I try, the shutdown screen
  appears. The first two dots below the ubuntu logo, turn orange and
  then it freezes. Reboot works fine.

  The debug-shell is no use, because at the freeze point I can't type in
  commands.  When I press ESC to see what's going on during shutdown,
  the last message to appear ist "[Some weird number] reboot: power
  down. Last time I pressed ESC during shutdown the "weird number" was
  85.270119. I also tried to shutdown with the terminal commands "sudo
  shutdown now", "sudo shutdown -P now", "sudo shutdown -h now",
  "poweroff" and "sudo poweroff -f". All of them had the effect as
  describe above except the command "sudo poweroff -f". After I typed in
  the command, I authenticated and following messages appeared:
  "Powering off...". At this point it freezed. I could still see the
  desktop and every visible window, but I couldn't perform any actions;
  not even keyboard shortcuts worked. It also did not help to change
  'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"' in /etc/default/grub to
  'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi=force"' and run
  "update-grub".

  Once the following command combo did work: "sudo swapoff -a &&
  systemctl poweroff", but the I reinstalled Ubuntu and now it doesn't
  work any more.

  In the application "Additional Drivers" I selected the proprietary
  and tested driver of NVIDIA, but I can't to this for my WLAN-Card
  (correct word?), because the "Additional Drivers" says it's not working,
  but my WLAN works fine. I've got only Bluetooth problems. The displayed
  name of the WLAN-Card is: "Intel Corporation: Wireless 7260 (Dual Band
  Wireless-AC 7260)". I also tried to manually install a driver it didn't
  help.

   When I wake up the laptop, a black screen appears with some error
  messages, but only for a very short time so I can't make a photo of it.
  I tried once and the text was unreadable.

  I have the latest BIOS and my Computer model is MSI PX60 2QD.

  Thanks for your help :)