Hi Hui Wang,

just wanted to remind you that this patch (meant for better usability)
broke audio completely for many users out there. I'd really like to see
any progress in the corresponding bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1834771

Meanwhile I came across many threads in my local language ubuntu
community forum that deal with exact this problem. Having no sound at
all is a mayor deal breaker for many new ubuntu users that switched from
Windows 7. So please, if a real fix needs more time, revert this patch
in the first place! Having some superfluous outputs for selection is
better than having no audio at all.

Thank you very much for your time!

  There are 4 HDMI/Displayport audio output listed in sound setting
  without attach any HDMI/DP monitor

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Disco:

  In our OEM projects, we often meet this issues, there is no any monitor
plugged,
  but in the gnome-sound-setting, there are 4 hdmi/dp audio devices.

  [Fix]
  We check the eld_valid when reporting the hdmi/dp jack event

  [Test Case]
  On the problematic machines, we do s3 test without plugging monitor, there
  is no hdmi audio device in the sound-setting.
  On the machines without this problem, we do s3 test, pluggin/unplugging
  monitor test, the hdmi audio work well as before.

  [Regression Risk]
  Low. We have done many tests on machines with or without this problem,
  there is no regression so far.