Ok, I'm just a user and don't have access to that mailing list but what
I CAN say, is, that my affected system doesn't run radeon or nouveau
driver but amdgpu.

Takashi Iwai wrote in November 2019 'amdgpu driver already got the
audio-component binding recently, so this problem shouldn't be triggered'
(https://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2019-November/158350.html)

I've no Idea what he exactly means with that because amdgpu driver with
recent ubuntu kernels from mid of January 2020 is definitely affected by
this issue.

In the other bugreport two users already tested your kernels and
provided some dmesg logs. So I think they would be happy to help you
with further investigations. I for my self didn't install any testing
kernels and also have no clue how to 'unload / reload the HD-audio
driver' as Takashi Iwai mentioned here: https://mailman.alsa-
project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2019-November/158707.html

So I think you should better place your call for help over there:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1834771

Thank you very much for your attention and sorry I couldn't be more
helpful ...

  There are 4 HDMI/Displayport audio output listed in sound setting
  without attach any HDMI/DP monitor

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Disco:

  In our OEM projects, we often meet this issues, there is no any monitor
plugged,
  but in the gnome-sound-setting, there are 4 hdmi/dp audio devices.

  [Fix]
  We check the eld_valid when reporting the hdmi/dp jack event

  [Test Case]
  On the problematic machines, we do s3 test without plugging monitor, there
  is no hdmi audio device in the sound-setting.
  On the machines without this problem, we do s3 test, pluggin/unplugging
  monitor test, the hdmi audio work well as before.

  [Regression Risk]
  Low. We have done many tests on machines with or without this problem,
  there is no regression so far.