On Thu, Feb 06, 2020 at 02:26:07AM -0000, Hui Wang wrote:
> BTW, the focal also need these firmwares, and I put unstable/F in the
> title when sending the SRU.

They have been applied (and released) for focal. There isn't any
unstable linux-firmware tree/package.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  intel/sof: update the intel sof firmware to v1.3-0f73628 for cml and
  cnl

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-firmware source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Eoan:

  Intel released a new version sof firmware to Canonical, they suggested
  that we should integrate the version v1.3-0f73628 and we should only
  pick the cml and cnl firmwares since other firmwares are not fully
  tested. Since we have a couple of Lenovo and Dell cnl and cml machines
  which need to enable sof driver, we integrate the firmwares to
  ubuntu.

  [Fix]
   - fix the hang issue in the firmware for the cml and cnl
   - introduce the ldc file which helps to do the firmware debug
   - divide the firmware to cml and cnl specific ones

  [Test Case]
  These firmwares are already widely used in oem project, the audio
  functions worked very well under both Lenovo and Dell dmic machines.

  [Regression Risk]
  Low, Intel released these firmware to us, and we already did large
  numbers audio test in the oem project.