Public bug reported:

Lubuntu groovy 'live' QA-test on
hp 8200 elite sff (i5-2400, 8gb, nvidia quadro 600)

Test went for some time, then on waking xscreensaver (testing for a
bug), the session froze (news being streamed was still audible)

I attempted to fix (see below), but was unable. On switching to text
term (ctrl+alt+F4) audio ended (I was streaming news in firefox) &
nothing responded (numlock & capslock had already stopped responding on
GUI lock up).

This report will be of little value I suspect, as the logs are of a new
session given I was unable to recover the first session (which had the
useful logs).

Refer to iso.qa.ubuntu.com for test details..
Key paste from the link will be as follows

---
this session went for some time, I had screensaver kick in, plus stated it
looking for http://launchpad.net/bugs/1855220 (choppy issues) and didn't notice
anything choppy (maybe these screens but a different box)... However after
waking screensaver for a "preview" the session was not recoverable... news kept
streaming so session was running.. but session appeared unrecoverable..

using ctrl+alt+F4 shut news up.. but screen did not change. black upper
display still (it went black when I stopped xscreensaver preview,
pointer visible on top display but won't move.. and bottom display shows
a stuck flurry screen still).

I was unable to recover session, could not use a text terminal either
and strangely he numlock/capslock keys weren't even changing the LEDs on
the keyboard..

No mouse movement after I tried to end xscreensaver preview.
- the upper display had returned to black (flurry xscreensaver image gone where
I was expecting the streaming firefox/news to return but no
- mouse pointer was drawn on upper display
- lower display stayed locked on a frozen flurry (xscreensaver) screen

I've machine (with SysRq REISUB) and will file bug from there, alas as
session is lost the bug report will be near meaningless, but filed for
this QA anyway.

Package: linux-image-5.8.0-16-generic 5.8.0-16.17
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu45
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
 USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
 /dev/snd/controlC0:  lubuntu    1552 F.... pulseaudio
 /dev/snd/controlC1:  lubuntu    1552 F.... pulseaudio
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CasperVersion: 1.452
CurrentDesktop: LXQt
CurrentDmesg: Error: command ['dmesg'] failed with exit code 1: dmesg: read
kernel buffer failed: Operation not permitted