Hello Marcel and everyone else affected,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Xenial kernel 4.4.0-202 is still in
-proposed therefore it's expected to be unstable. We are investigating
the issues with this kernel version and will publish an update as soon
as possible. In the meantime please downgrade to version -201 to have an
usable system again.

  Ubuntu 16.04 kernel 4.4.0-202 basic commands hanging

  Hi there,
  I've updated kernel on my Ubuntu 16.04 from 4.4.0-201-generic to
4.4.0.202-generic today and it broke my system.
  Basic commands, such as pidof, lsof, ps fax (ps -a works) hang indefinitely
and not even root issued kill -KILL will terminate them. Only thing that helps
is to kill the shell that started such commands.

  I had to reboot back to 4.4.0-201, however during shutdown various
  stop jobs hanged as well and after more than 25 minutes I had to go
  for hard reboot.

  My current—NOT BROKEN—kernel has signature (cat /proc/version_signature):
  Ubuntu 4.4.0-201.233-generic 4.4.247

  I am attaching the lspci-vnvn.log, also created with the non-broken
  kernel.