Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better.

Bug reporting is mostly about finding & fixing problems thus preventing
future users from hitting the same bug.

I suspect a Support site would be more appropriate, eg.
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu. You can also find help with your
problem in the support forum of your local Ubuntu community
http://loco.ubuntu.com/ or asking at https://askubuntu.com or
https://ubuntuforums.org, or for more support options please look at
https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/community-support/709

(the update to 20.04.2 was ~6 months ago, eg. ie.
https://fridge.ubuntu.com/2021/02/05/ubuntu-20-04-2-lts-released/ will
show the ISO release date, however installed systems received that
update more than a week before the ISO release date)

** Package changed: ubuntu => linux (Ubuntu)

  Kubuntu 20.04.2 update causes shutdown corrupt bios, reboot hangs,
  won't wake from sleep

  Installed Kubuntu from the 20.04.1 LTS ISO. Shutdown, reboot, wake
  from sleep worked fine. Update to 20.04.2 caused issues where it
  wouldn't wake from sleep, rebooting hangs, and never actually
  shutdowns for the reboot, and shutdown causes an audible hardware
  clicking noise (somewhere to the left side of the computer underneath
  the keyboard) and corrupts the BIOS. The corrupted BIOS causes the
  computer to not boot at all and I have to do a BIOS reset via CMOS
  (Hold the power button for 2-3 sec while pressing the WIN+v keys until
  it begins to boot). This gets more difficult each time it's done,
  where I have to wait longer before trying it and it seems to take
  longer to work. I have tried shutdown from the GUI menu, from the log-
  out menu, from Konsole, and from a TTY (CTRL+ALT+F2).

  Computer specs:
  Host: HP Pavilion dv7-2180us Notebook PC Rev 1
  Kernel: 5.8.0-59-generic
  Resolution: 1600x900
  CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 (4) @ 2.001GHz
  GPU: AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650/5165
  Memory: 6 GB