[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Wake-up after suspend only on second keypress

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  My computer is a HP Z240 tower workstation, Ubuntu version:

  Release:      18.04

  I can and do suspend my computer by pressing Fn-Key + F1-key on the HP
  keyboard. The F1 key is marked with a crescent moon to indicate this
  functionality. The suspend state is indicated by a blinking led on the
  computer case.

  From 16.04 I was used, that in suspend state any keypress on the
  keyboard would wake up the computer again immediately: The screen
  would (if turned on) display what was last visible when suspend was
  executed through the abovementioned function key. The led on the
  computer case would light steadily.

  Now a keypress on the suspended computer leads to a short activation
  of the harddisk, the led on the computer case will light steadily but
  the monitor (also if on) remains dark. After about 2-5 seconds the
  harddisk stands still again, the computer becomes silent and the led
  on the computer case is blinking again, as in suspend mode. I presume
  the computer is now again in suspend mode.

  When this state is reached, a second keypress leads to a correct awake
  from suspend, the harddisk spins, the led on the case lights steadily
  and the monitor displays what is expected. The computer can then be
  used as expected.

  Note: I have 64 GByte of RAM and only 32GB Swap partition, so I
  presume (and hope) that hibernation (RAM to Disk) plays no role here,
  only suspend and wake-up from suspend.