[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

   SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad  choppy movement after suspend

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Sometimes touchpad input becomes very laggy.

  It seems to be related to suspending the laptop. I think it also has
  to do with other mice being plugged in/out.

  Often, suspending and waking up immediately afterwards makes the
  pointer fluent again.

  This is not the only problem I see with this touchpad/driver:
  Sometimes the pointer stops moving horizontally as if it got stuck in a
scrolling gesture.
  Sometimes the pointer (almost) stops moving completely. Suspending often but
not always helps.
  I am not sure whether these problems are related.

  I am happy to debug the problem, but I don't know where to start.

  >>   xinput list
  ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
  ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                      id=4    [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                      id=10   [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎜   ↳ TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint                           id=11   [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
      ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                     id=5    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Power Button                                    id=6    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Video Bus                                       id=7    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Sleep Button                                    id=8    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                    id=9    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ ThinkPad Extra Buttons                          id=12   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Integrated Camera: Integrated C                 id=13   [slave
keyboard (3)]

  >>   lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      20.04
  Codename:     focal

  >>   cat /proc/bus/input/devices
  I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0007 Version=01b1
  N: Name="SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
  P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
  S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input5
  U: Uniq=
  H: Handlers=mouse0 event5
  B: PROP=5
  B: EV=b