Ok, this is occuring because the V2 VMs no longer have emulated hardware
during early boot.  This means we need the virtio-modules drivers on the
CD for early boot.  (The drivers identified above are on there as
serial-modules are included.)  Talking this through with the installer
team it seems that the cdimage should include the virtio-modules.  Task
created for that.

** Also affects: debian-installer (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Trusty)
     Assignee: Tim Gardner (timg-tpi) => Andy Whitcroft (apw)

** Changed in: debian-installer (Ubuntu Trusty)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Adam Conrad (adconrad)

** Changed in: debian-installer (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: debian-installer (Ubuntu Trusty)

  hyper-v: Hyper-V drivers missing from UEFI based installer

Status in “debian-installer” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “debian-installer” source package in Trusty:
  In Progress
Status in “linux” source package in Trusty:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Hi folks,

  We are unable to create Generation 2 VMs because Hyper-V drivers are
  missing from the UEFI based alternate installer for server builds. The
  ask is to include all hyper-v drivers in to the alternate server
  installer. Please see below bug for more details:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1285434

  I opened a new bug because wasn't sure if the above bug is still
  visible. Please help fix this as soon as possible as testing is
  blocked.

  Thanks,
  Abhishek