** Package changed: ubuntu => zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  Unsafe to upgrade ZFS Boot Ubuntu from Kinetic to Lunar

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:

  Need to know if it is safe to upgrade from Ubuntu 22.10/Kinetic to
  23.04/Lunar on systems that have been installed onto the ZFS
  filesystem via the Ubuntu 22.10 GUI installer and selecting the ZFS
  filesystem option.

  The reason I ask is I was burned by this in the last upgrade cycle.
  Upgrading 21.10 to 22.03 resulted in an unbootable system with no
  warning, no easy recourse, very few recovery options because Ubuntu
  22.03 did not ship with proper ZFS kernel support.  It was very bad
  and I lost a week of income from the downtime.

  It looks like the same situation exists here.  Ubuntu 23.04/Lunar
  ships with Kernel 6.2 but ZFS didn't release Kernel 6.2 support until
  very recently and from what I can tell (??) the updated ZFS packages
  did not make it into the Lunar installer.

  The last time I resolved the issue by using Jonathon F's ZFS support
  PPA (here https://launchpad.net/~jonathonf/+archive/ubuntu/zfs) but it
  looks like he no longer supports it.  I've tried to contact him
  several times over the last week but get no response.

  Will the upgraded system be bootable?

  What is the recommended path to get onto Lunar?  I have been waiting
  for 23.04 to resolve various issues with my MSI Z690 motherboard, etc.

  If this is actually an issue I recommend urgently resolving it so that
  others who selected ZFS are not stranded at an emergency prompt with
  no guidance on how to handle the problem.

  Package: evince 43.0-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.23.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Sun Apr 23 13:01:55 2023
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220419)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: evince
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to kinetic on 2022-12-02 (142 days ago)