Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. Please execute the following command only once, as it
will automatically gather debugging information, in a terminal:

apport-collect 2019509

When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-
bug' and the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this
functionality at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs.

Your pictures & description do not elaborate on what application you're
using when this occurs, as you only mention 'different apps' and
'terminal', but don't give app names; where they're from & what
terminal. Your screenshot only provides a very limited view.

** Package changed: ubuntu => linux (Ubuntu)

  Mouse Cursor Gets Stuck In Different Positions

  Hello,

  My system specs;

  Ubuntu 23.04
  Gnome 44.0
  Razer Basilisk Essential
  openrazer 3.6.1-1~858

  In many different apps, even the terminal, I will see the cursor
  switch from the normal pointing arrow, then to two small vertical or
  horizontal arrows, and get stuck in these positions.

  This is quite annoying, because it's always getting in the way of my
  mouse cursor functioning properly when I need to do something. Then I
  either have to start clicking on the desktop, or another area of the
  app, or close and restart the app.

  I'm attaching screen shots, and I hope this gets fixed asap. This is
  breaking basic functionality and something like this in a Distro as
  old an as established like Ubuntu, shouldn't be happening.

  Disregard the white vertical line in the horizontal pic, I only placed
  the cursor on a line, so I could activate this function to take a
  screen shot is all.

  I'm not doing anything on the desktop that should cause the mouse to
  activate this way.