Started experiencing this behavior yesterday evening (Jun 29), see
attached image.

** Attachment added: "kernelsyncbug.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+bug/2025192/+attachment/5683151/+files/kernelsyncbug.png

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-meta in Ubuntu.

  broken installation while mirror syncing new kernel packages

Status in linux-meta package in Ubuntu:

  A new kernel package for jammy was released 3 hours ago. It is probably being
synced to mirrors right now.

  It can be seen at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta:

  5.15.0.76.74     updates (main)     3 hours ago

  A little before that, I was deploying 10 Jammy machines in maas,
  without any problem. After that, I started having all 10 machines fail
  deployment. The reason is that curtin will fail package updates
  (complete log attached). This is the important part:

==========================================8<---------------------------------------------------
  Running command ['unshare', '--fork', '--pid', '--', 'chroot',
'/tmp/tmp_24ek5y0/target', 'eatmydata', 'apt-get', '--quiet', '--assume-yes',
'--option=Dpkg::options::=--force-unsafe-io',
'--option=Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold', 'install', 'linux-generic'] with
allowed return codes [0] (capture=False)
  Reading package lists...
  Building dependency tree...
  Reading state information...
  or been moved out of Incoming.

   linux-headers-generic : Depends: linux-headers-5.15.0-76-generic but it is
not installable
   linux-image-generic : Depends: linux-image-5.15.0-76-generic but it is not
going to be installed
                         Depends: linux-modules-extra-5.15.0-76-generic but it
is not installable
                         Recommends: thermald but it is not going to be
installed

  The repository being used is "http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
  jammy/main"

  It may be the case that there is still a partial mirror there, but it
  should not break and instead just use the latest available version
  while the new one is not completely avalable.

  I'm not sure this is only valid for linux kernel packages (maybe this
  is a general problem with any package) but I'm opening to linux-meta
  since it happened with linux in this case.