Public bug reported:

I've discovered that the module mtk_wdt.ko (CONFIG_MEDIATEK_WATCHDOG)
must be set as built-in to prevent the system from encountering a
hardware reset during the boot process. I've tried building it as a
module and installing it into initrd, and I've also attempted to set
softdep for it. However, I still can't find it being probed in the
initcall debug dump. The system also reboots around 10 seconds into the
boot time. After setting CONFIG_MEDIATEK_WATCHDOG=y, the hardware reset
issue was resolved and the system was able to boot into the console.

** Affects: lunar (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: lunar (Ubuntu)

  [Mediatek] mt8195-demo: Fix hardware watchdog reset at boot time
  around 10 sec.

Status in lunar package in Ubuntu: