FWIW, still haven't had a chance to test this, but it's on my list for
one of the evenings this week.

  [HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH, recording] External microphone not
  recognized

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  With my Fujitsu U904 laptop with the headset jack (an icon with a
  headset next to it) and Ubuntu 14.04, external microphone is not
  detected when attached to the headset jack (through a TRRS splitter I
  have).

  I had to override pin 0x19 with hda-jack-retask from alsa-tools-gui to
  get my external microphone to work, when it was autodetected. I've
  also tried with a random Nokia headset I had around (from N900 or N9),
  and overriding pin 0x19 made it work properly as well.

  Before overriding, I had "Microphone (internal)" and "Analog input
  (internal)" shown as input devices, yet my laptop only has a single
  headset jack.

  Judging from other bugs, it's David Henningsson (diwic) who usually
  handles these so I'll subscribe him directly.

  Package: pulseaudio 1:4.0-0ubuntu11
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-29.53-generic 3.13.11.2
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-29-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   КОРИСНИК        НАРЕДБА ПРИСТУПА ПИБ-у
   /dev/snd/pcmC1D0c:   danilo     5803 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  danilo     5803 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  danilo     5803 F.... pulseaudio
                        danilo    31342 F.... audacity
  CurrentDesktop: Unity