Diego: I've been reviewing this patch with newer kernel versions, and I
don't believe it should actually make any difference there (and would
probably add a bug as well). Have you tried 14.04 to see if the problem
still exists there?

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Kernel panic

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  I run ubuntu servers 13.04 and 13.10 on the AWS cloud. Whenever I
  install haproxy and nginx on the same server, after hitting it for a
  while, a kernel panic is caused. However, the kernel panic does not
  show up in ubuntu 12.04.  The kernel panic is pasted at the end of the
  attachment.