Don Zickus (via Email Bridge) schreef op do 06-05-2021 om 22:15 [+0000]:
> There are two modules: sctp_diag and l2tp_ip6 that are in kernel-modules
> that accidentally dragged the rest of the sctp and l2tp mdoules in
> there.  Instead all those modules should stay in modules-extra.
>
> Move the offending modules into modules-extra.

In the explanation of MR !1041 ("mod-extra.list.fedora: remove 72 unused
modules") I noted: "It would be nice to warn about unused modules in this list
automagically but I have no idea how that could be done."

("Unused" turned out to be ambiguous. "Ignored" would have been better.)

Has anyone any suggestions for a way to make sure problems like this do not
stay unnoticed for _years_.

Thanks,

Paul Bolle