Not sure.  The NetMap team at least told me that upstream didn't want their
code.  This might be because NetMap requires special vendor-provided (but
still open source, if I understand correctly) drivers for optimum
performance, or it might be because they use a single codebase to support
Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD, if I understand correctly.