From: Eeli Kaikkonen
Sent: November 23, 2019 4:35 AM
To: Carsten Schoenert
Cc: KiCad Developers
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Building Kicad on Windows 10/Eclipse/Msys2

la 23. marrask. 2019 klo 11.11 Carsten Schoenert (c.schoen...@t-online.de) kirjoitti:

Hello Eli,

Am 23.11.19 um 10:03 schrieb Eeli Kaikkonen:
> BTW, it's unnecessarily verbose to say "git pull origin master". Just
> "git pull" is enough when you are in the local master branch.

no it's not.
Your statement is only true if the user hasn't added one ore more
remotes. If you have only one remote configured git tries to be smart
and is substitute the rest for the command by the obviously logical value.

So, if you want to be safe than the full command line is correct.

Oh yeah. I took a shortcut and thought about my normal situation when I have checked out a branch (master), although I added " when you are in the local master branch". Anyways it's best to give as simple instructions for getting the source code as possible and leave everything else for homework for the user.

Eeli (with 2 e's)