Brian,
I have found a PCB house that specializes in one of a kind PCB, its
an all notouch/online process. The price for a single two sided board
( I have made boards up to 8.5 X 4 inches) is under $100 USA. Three
boards are still under $100.
You register online and then you can submit your gerber files and
drill files for automatic file verification in a standard zip file.
You associate layers with files in a web form and then verify the
hole count/size for plated through holes and wait for verification.
All you need to do then is give them a credit card number and in four
working days your board(s) will ship.
The link is http://www.protoexpress.com
Kicad files go through the verification process easily with two
exceptions, make sure your board edge is 0.010" and DO NOT mirror
your drill file. When you create the NC drill file the default option
is to mirror the Y axis, Proto express expects all the files to be
non-mirrored.
I have made six boards here and everyone worked as designed out of
the box.

Carl
--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I face the same problem. I often make "one off" PCBs which would be
> uneconomical to sent to a fab house. Adding Zero ohm resistors is
an
> option but as mentioned, you have to add them to the schematic and
> sometimes remove them as well while working on a PCB layout.
>
> There is also the problem of needing many different footprint
lengths
> between pads for the different link lengths.
>
> I've done it in the past by making a double sided design with the
> links on one side and the tracks on the other but it causes
problems
> with via holes and pads for the links to connect to.
>
> Perhaps an option to drop pads instead of vias could be added. That
> way the double sided method could still be used and the netlist
would
> be correct but a pad to solder the link to would be present.
>
> Brian.
>

> --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "newskyperhh" <boris.fiedler@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, sure ... but, so i must change my schematic.
> > It isn't possible to change the layer, place a pad or something
else
> > and have no trouble by ERC check.
> >
> > LG
> >
> > Bo
> >
> > --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "KeepItSimpleStupid"
> > <keepitsimplestupid@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Will 0 ohm resistors work? or Components Like Jx for Jumper
> Jumper x.
> > >  e.g. J1?
> > >
> > > --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "newskyperhh"
<boris.fiedler@>