Hi,
If you are trying to just cut down on the number of different drill
sizes used, you can manually edit the drill file. The tools are listed
at the top of the nc drill file. Just open it with a text editor.
For example:
M48
;DRILL file {PCBNEW (20080715} date 26/8/2008-14:21:52
;FORMAT={2:4 / absolute / Inches / decimal format}
R,T
VER,1
FMAT,2
INCH,TZ
TCST,OFF
ICI,OFF
ATC,ON
T1C0.020
T2C0.035
T3C0.039
T4C0.043
T5C0.051
T6C0.138
%
T1C.. to T6C... are the drills and their corresponding sizes. In this
case I output imperial drill sizes. If you want to consolidate, just
make drill sizes the same size. Again, for example suppose Tools T3
and T4 could both be 1mm instead of 1mm and 1.1mm, I could just do:
T1C0.020
T2C0.035
T3C0.039
T4C0.039
T5C0.051
T6C0.138
One drill size saved. Of course, a component probably doesn't fit in
the board now though ;)
I used to consolidate drill sizes as it did used to save money, but it
doesn't seem to have much affect any more and I occasionally got the
size wrong enough for a part not to fit in the board. So, now I just
make the modules as they need to be and no longer worry about the
number of tools.
Best Regards,
Brian Sidebotham.
2008/9/5 degrootc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi All,
>
> I assume these questions are not new, but I cannot find an up to date
> answer. Hopefully someone will be gernerious enough to help me.
>
> Is there a way to define drill sizes for a board rather then editing
> them in each module. I find it a bit cumbersome to edit them at the
> module level because then I need to create new modules (almost
> identical though) or change the foot print for all projects. If there
> is a way to do a simple report of drill sizes then that may also help
> me a lot.
>
> I really don't want to place the values onthe silk screen, I assume
> this is the default for most designers. I cannot see how to turn it off
> at the board level. Any ideas. Again I have been editing footpronts to
> do so.
>
> Many thanks Kicad rocks!
>
> C.
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Please read the Kicad FAQ in the group files section before posting your
> question.
> Please post your bug reports here. They will be picked up by the creator of
> Kicad.
> Please visit http://www.kicadlib.org for details of how to contribute your
> symbols/modules to the kicad library.
> For building Kicad from source and other development questions visit the
> kicad-devel group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kicad-develYahoo! Groups
> Links
>
>
>
>