If it's any help, I just shrink all the pads by 0.04mm (because that's
what I was once asked to do in order to prevent the problem you are
having).   I think the idea is that the shrinkage only becomes
significant where it is needed, so there's no need to selectively apply
it.   I run the Perl script from Cygwin, so it's minimal hassle.  It's
even less hassle if you're running kicad on Linux :).

Regards,

Robert.