V,

If you're adding rpms then you'll need to update the repo to actually include
them. I'm not familiar with Lorax so I can't really help there, but if your end
goal is  a standard RHEL dvd with extra packages that you want to define in
your kickstart configuration then it should just require createrepo and
genisoimage.

My use case is fairly vanilla kickstart you might have to modify to suit your
workflow.
- isolinux and efi use the inst.ks and inst.stage2 to point to kickstart file
and installation source respectively.
- kickstart file and pre/post/conf scripts in DVD/kickstart directory structure
- Packages in the default DVD/Packages and additional packages in
/DVD/Packages-Extra
- I delete all uneeded packages to reduce DVD size, just feed the rpm -qa
output on an installed system to yumdownloader

Here's a script stub - I do something similar in-house to get our DVDs created
for air-gapped environments (it's a pain).
Hope this helps 😊

#!/bin/bash
#===================================================================================
# Title        : create-iso
#
# Description  : Generate kickstart dvd
#
# Author       : Firas AlShafei
#
# Last Revised : 11/04/2015
#
#===================================================================================

# Assume following path structure
#
# working-directory
# |
# ---> creat-iso.sh
# |
# ---> media (DVD media + kickstart + additional packages)

# Path variables
scriptPath=$(dirname "$(readlink -f "$0")")
isoPath=${scriptPath}
releaseName="my-awesome-dvd.iso"

# Move repo group info
mv ${scriptPath}/media/repodata/*-comps-Server.x86_64.xml
${scriptPath}/media/repodata/comps-Server.x86_64.xml

# Create repo
cd ${scriptPath}/media
createrepo --quiet --pretty --update --groupfile
repodata/comps-Server.x86_64.xml .

# Make ISO file
echo "== Generate DVD Image"
echo "= ${isoPath}/${releaseName}.iso"
genisoimage -r -T -J -V ${releaseName} \
 -quiet                                \
 -o ${isoPath}/${releaseName}.iso      \
 -no-emul-boot                         \
 -boot-load-size 4                     \