weleh .. piye iki .. ? :-)

----- Forwarded message from Ken Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:10:10 -0600
From: Ken Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] ramdisk with ext2 or tmpfs, vpopmail mysql - heap table
 : performance - too big disk load

Szeki - Inc wrote:
> Hi,
>  
> It is a good idea to use heap tables for vpopmail query-s ? MyISAM tables
> for UPDATES, and HEAP for selects (they will be created from MyISAM)? I
> wanna to minimalize the disk subsystem impact. System is always waiting for
> disks(big load, can even reach 20-25). What is the ideal maximum concurrent
> conncetion limit with mysql ?
>  
> I want to put the temp directories (spamassasin, clamd, other scanners) to
> ramdisk. What to use:
>  
> 1. ramdisk, fixed size (set with kernel parameter), with ext2, looks like a
> "real" disk, with real filesystem
> 2. tmpfs, with maximized ramsize, eating always as many ram what is needed.
> cons ? What is the price for this "freedom" ? 
> (can I use tmpfs on a debian server for the main /tmp ?) I can spend 512 or
> even 1024 Mb ram for ramdrives, or tmpfs.
>  
> I need every idea, or solution, how can I reduce the disk usage on the
> system. I want to keep only what is necessery. I will turn of mail logging
> via syslog (deamontools is doing a great job logging mails, why waste the
> needed disk i/o power for syslog), other things ?
>  
> What if I put qmails queue to ramdisk (or tmpfs ramdisk) ? (memory cards ?
> are good enough ?)

I would try putting /var/qmail/queue on the ramdisk since you have the 
RAM already.

I would also comment out the fsync() calls in the qmail source code.

Ken Jones

----- End forwarded message -----


Salam,

P.Y. Adi Prasaja

--
Right or wrong my list. Unsubscribe option is currently unavailable.
Indeed, it's available upon request .. but: cepek dulu donk!

Kirim email ke