Hello,

I suspect either filesystem permission or SELinux issue.

Please check that /var/lib/knot (or whatever directory you used) is
write-able by knot user and that command "ausearch -m avc" does not
report any SELinux AVCs.

-- 
Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC


On 02/27/2017 10:32 AM, Abdulkareem H. Ali wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
> I built Knot 2.4.1 rpm and tried it on CentOS7. The server isn't reading
> any of our zones with an error of:
> 
> "failed to load persistent timers (invalid parameter)"
> 
> Therefore it won't accept any notifies form master and won't read or
> transfer any zone. Even when I do "knotc refresh ZONE" it will fail
> saying zone is unknow.
> 
> This is an upgrade from Knot 2.2, and same configs doesn't complain
> about anything and the server starts fine using that version, and load
> zones, and respond to DNS queries without a problem.
> 
> I tried to find a procedure for a first time install for Knot and see if
> there is any required initialization that needs to be done but no luck.
> 
> Have anyone tried Knot 2.4.1 with CentOS 7 please and successfully had
> it running?
> 
> Note that I tried:
> 
> knotc conf-check (responds with: Configuration is valid)
> 
> knotc conf-read (shows all zones and template configs being read and
> doesn't show any warning or error)
> 
> knotc conf-init
> knotc conf-import /etc/knot/knot.conf
> 
> Either one of those will generate confdb. However, conf-init generates
> it but then Knot doesn't show anything in the logs (set to debug), but
> does generate timers folder.
> 
> But conf-import show same logs with same errors above, and still won't
> load any of our zones.
> 
> I'm using these template settings:
> 
> ""
> mod-rrl:
>  - id: default
>    rate-limit: 200     # Allow 200 resp/s for each flow
>    slip: 2  # Every other response slips
> 
> template:
>  - id: default
>    storage: /var/lib/knot/zones
>    journal-db: journals
>    timer-db: timers
>    zonefile-sync: 60
>    semantic-checks: on
>    global-module: mod-rrl/default
> ""
> 
> I'd appreciate any suggestion please.
> 
> I'm new to this list, so if this is not where I was suppose to send this
> please accept my apologize.
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> Kareem.
_______________________________________________
knot-dns-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.nic.cz/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/knot-dns-users

Reply via email to