Hi,

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 1:17 AM <dc...@prosentient.com.au> wrote:

> Hmm interesting. I see instructions on setting up Wordpress with FastCGI
> but no comments about any impact that would have on plugins. Maybe they
> just don’t worry about it the same way most Koha folk don’t worry about it
> hehe.

As I recall, Zend Opcache has various settings to control if and when it
will recompile the PHP scripts in caches. Depending on what settings you
choose, in a FastCGI environment it can periodically check to see if a
script has been updated and update the cache if need be - or, if you
choose, never revalidate the cache, in which case you'd need to reload or
restart php-fpm after changing code.

Also, WordPress has code that tries to clear opcache. [1, 2]

[1]
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_opcache_invalidate/
[2] https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36455

Regards,