Friday's stone in the pond :)

Were you thinking like what is done today for MARC / UNIMARC / NORMAC, choosing upon installation and then using one model?

Or more as "mixing different data-models in one Koha"?

That would need a column for storing the data model ID for each record and somewhere to store each data-model definitions (linking to the forementionned id).

This looks a bit like what we do for Bokeh.

Since we import records from different systems, we store the relation between a record or item and it's system of origin.

We also store a mapping configuration for each system Bokeh is connected to (be it several Koha of different configuration, several ILS, ILS + online ressources, whatever combination...).