From: Victor Grousset/tuxayo <vic...@tuxayo.net>
Sent: Wednesday, 7 February 2024 1:33 PM
To: David Cook <dc...@prosentient.com.au>
Cc: koha-devel <koha-devel@lists.koha-community.org>
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Growing size of koha/koha-testing:master

On 24-02-04 23:30, David Cook via Koha-devel wrote:
> Do we know what’s contributing to this?

After running `ncdu /` from inside KTD Debian 10 (the smallest image it
seems)

- 661 M /kohadevbox/Cypress
- 347 M /kohadevbox/node_modules
- 95 M /kohadevbox/misc4dev
- 224 M /usr/lib/locale (does locales are needed for Koha? because all are
generated)
- 410 M /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu , various lib, maybe libLLVM and guile are
not needed
- 93 M /usr/lib/gcc
- 270 M /usr/share/locale & /usr/share/doc not sure that prunable depending on
how packages are made in Debian. Maybe part can be pruned via a dirty rm -rf
like it seems to be done for the apt repo metadata in dockerfiles. Seen that a
few times.
- 400 M /usr/local/share/.cache/yarn likely everything is needed to be able to
rebuild CSS & vue without having to redownload. Which is done on start so not
only needed when working with UI. Ok maybe some stuff is not needed? Same
questions with /kohadevbox/node_modules

npm(node) and yarn have redundancy in their cache >_< They share all of their
top 10 packages (some with same size, other with quite different) ^^"
I guess one is used for SCSS compilation and another one for vue and cypress.
But they still have in common the packages of the 3, hmm

Cheers,

--
Victor Grousset/tuxayo