The Google OpenID Connect specific functionality only targeted the OPAC.
Probably because it’s the most common use case. (I wrote my own OpenID Connect
integration for Koha about 10 years ago, and it only targeted the OPAC too.)

However, Koha has a different more generic Oauth2/OpenID Connect feature that
targets both the OPAC and the staff interface. It should be usable with Google
as well, if you want to target it.

I think at some point the Google OpenID Connect specific code will be removed
from Koha.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems