1.  We are testing out the changes mentioned.
  2.  We have TechLogic pads on our self-checks and they are wonderful.  The
staff pads are Bibliotheca and are weak.
  3.  We had the gates setup so they would only alarm when people left the
building.  This resulted in 1 out of every 100 items with security turned on to
trigger the alarm.  We had to change the gate to alarm when patrons come in the
building and leave the building to get them to detect and alarm at a 75% rate.

I know it makes no sense at all, but Bibliotheca gave the response that people
were moving too fast to properly trigger the alarm.

Directional alarming has a sensor that triggers the entry.  It then checks the
security of the items.  The gates are either too slow or we need to require
patrons to walk in slow motion when they leave the building.

When you put on Bidirectional, alarming it disables the sensors and checks for
security first.

Either way it is something to be aware of when dealing with Bibliotheca, and
their gates.

Jason Burds
I.T. Supervisor
Carnegie-Stout Public Library<http://www.dubuque.lib.ia.us/>