Hi

You should ask Insead how they set that up, there is no way for us to
know how they are doing full text searching.
To me it doesn't look like they are, they just have a pdf attached.
But they will be able to tell you

A very quick look would appear to suggest that they have a full 505$a
(that is "hidden" from the client browser, but is present in the "page
source"), and then an 856 $u and $z for the .pdf.

Perhaps guesswork on my behalf, and I have no idea what "alchemy" (css?,
js?) might be in the background, but from a MARC point of view appears
fairly straightforward.

When looking at the given URL:

http://librarycatalogue.insead.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=83836&query_desc=kw%2Cwrdl%3A%20marketing

I see the following:

1. Instead of showing the actual URL (MARC 856 $u) or the link text ($y) they just show a PDF image - this can be coded in the original XSL file (I've done something similar with Antolin images, look here: https://opac.treuchtlingen.de/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=13327 ) - the image then links to the actual PDF file ( http://librarycatalogue.insead.edu/pdf/83836.pdf ) which is better readable than the content of MARC 590 $a

My own code in "MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl" looked like this, just as an example:

<xsl:when test="contains(marc:subfield[@code='u'], 'www.antolin.de')">
  <xsl:text>Antolin </xsl:text>
  <xsl:element name="img">
<xsl:attribute name="src">/opac-tmpl/<xsl:value-of select="$theme"/>/images/antolinrabe.jpg</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="style">vertical-align:middle</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="height">25</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="width">25</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:element>
</xsl:when>

2. To me it seems in fact not the PDF file is indexed but they just extracted (maybe even by copy & paste) the content and inserted it into MARC 590 $a as you can see here: http://librarycatalogue.insead.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-MARCdetail.pl?biblionumber=83836 - of course like this MARC 590 would just be indexed like any other MARC field, so there is no need to find a way to index the PDF file. (Well, I'm not sure if MARC 590 is indexed by default, but this can be configured in Zebra)

Maybe this helps?

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E m...@adminkuhn.ch · W www.adminkuhn.ch