I am migrating several million records from an existing vtls system to
koha. We are using mariadb, koha 17.05 (have pulled from master
yesterday ), elastic search 5.4 and plack on debian systems. As I
wanted to preserve all the authority to biblio record links I wrote my
own migration script based on the relevant koha source.
Searching in the koha authorities intra will find the authority record
but usually lists the number of biblio records having the auth as zero,
but not always. If I check the biblio index in ES the items have the
correct auth id in the "an" field. I can find no difference between the
biblio records in the ES index that are reported as linked to the auth
record to the ones that are not. I connect the biblio recs to the
authorities in the marc21 structure by putting the koha auth id in
field 100 sub field 9 (if it is a name auth). These marc records are
now in the new biblio_metadata table.
How does koha find the biblio records connected to a paticular auth
Is this done dynamically by searching the ES indexes ?
Is this an issue with the zebra database? Is it still required ? I
haven't been loading data into it since we switched to ES.
I don't really know about the differences between Zebra and
Elasticsearch. Also I don't know how you're exactly massaging your data,
However, using Zebra it is necessary to use Perl script
"link_bibs_to_authorities.pl" to check each bibliographic record in the
Koha database and attempting to link each of its headings to the
matching authority record. The script is also able to do a test run.
Also note the system preferences in Koha menu "Administration >
authorities" as well as "IncludeSeeFromInSearches".
Hope this helps. Someone may correct me if I'm wrong.
Best wishes: Michael
Geschäftsführer · Diplombibliothekar BBS, Informatiker eidg. Fachausweis
Admin Kuhn GmbH · Pappelstrasse 20 · 4123 Allschwil · Schweiz
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E m...@adminkuhn.ch · W www.adminkuhn.ch
Koha mailing list http://koha-community.org