N.B.: Although I'm my library's cataloging department, I'm not a real cataloger
and I add maybe 100 books per year to our collection. You should probably take
that into consideration.

I use the web interface (connexion.oclc.org) to search and assemble my records.
Then I download them to my computer, changing the .dat extension to .mrc, then
convert them to text using MarcEdit's MARC Breaker. You could do further
tweaking in MarcEdit, but for whatever reason I prefer to use Notepad. Then I
recompile to .mrc using MarcEdit, upload to Koha, and take it from there. You
could probably add the 952 field in Notepad/MarcEdit (I do that for my Authors'
Catalog), but I add the item information after I've imported the records into
the catalog.

Item labels: if those are what I call spine labels, you can do those in Koha
from the Tools menu. You can configure a template (I have one for regular
circulating books and another for books that need their collection code
listed), then scan your barcodes into a batch, print the batch, and there you
are. There's also a tool for printing just spine labels, but I haven't used
that one. One problem I've had with the labels is that they tend to break lines
in odd places. For example, what should be
   WD 130
   .AA1
   E78
   VOL 2
   1999

might come out as
   WD
   130
   .A
   A1
   E78
   VOL
   2 1999

Anyone have a solution?

As for creating records, on the very, very few occasions that I've had to
create one, I've used the Cataloging > New Record > Default Framework function
in Koha.

Fred King
fred.k...@medstar.net
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279
MedStar Authors Catalog: http://medstarauthors.org

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
--Douglas Adams