TO THE PRESS AND PUBLIC OPINION
WE WILL DESTROY THE ISOLATION CELLS WITH OUR DEATH FAST RESISTANCE
NO FORCE WILL BE ABLE TO PREVENT THIS

The indefinite hunger strike that we started on October 20 was
transformed
into a Death Fast in Bayrampasa, Usak, Ulucanlar, Buca and Ceyhan
prisons by
November 25.
On November 25, 2000, the Justice Minister, Hikmet Sami Turk, issued the
statement that our Death Fast will not affect the "restructuring
programme
in the prisons". In the same statement, Minister Turk said the action
had
reached a dangerous level, and he wanted "support" from all
institutions,
democratic mass organisations and families to put an end to it.
Especially after 1980, the state tried to establish various programmes
for
political prisoners. The forms these programmes took were different but
they
all had the same aim, to make the revolutionary prisoners surrender and
by
extension to achieve the surrender of the people as well. But the state
could not put its plans into operation, and every time, due to the
determined resistance of the prisoners, they forced the state to take a
step
back. The most recent example of this was the 1996 Death Fast
resistance.
This victory, in which we gave 12 martyrs, showed the whole world the
power
of revolutionary will. At the time of the 1996 Death Fast, the then
Justice
Minister Sevket Kazan engaged in demagogy and tried to smear our action,
and
this was actually the policy of the state. And today Justice Minister
Hikmet
Sami Turk is engaging in the same practices and implementing the same
policy
of the state. He issued a press release on November 25 saying the Death
Fast
would have no effect on the 'F' Type prisons policy, and this was again
an
attempt to show determination. As happened before in 1982, 1984 and
1996, we
will again succeed, and will close down the 'F' Type prisons.
Minister Turk, in his press release, said our demands were not limited
the closure of the 'F' Type cell prisons. We declared our demands before
the
whole of public opinion. There is nothing secret about them. On the
contrary, our demands are very clear. Our resistance is to stop all the
attacks directed against the people. We stated this from the very first
day.
In his press release, Minister Turk wanted families, institutions,
associations and democratic mass organisations to intervene. This shows
in
the most concrete manner possible how helpless he is. Our families, by
themselves going on hunger strike, gave the most appropriate response to
the
Minister of Justice. Since the first day we started our resistance, we
declared that until our demands are accepted, we will carry on and we
are
ready to pay the price. The promise we made is our honour. We will not
go
back on our promise. Until we win victory, our resistance will continue.
The
efforts of the state to break our action will have no result.
By submitting our bodies to hunger alongside our people, We Will Win
Victory.

LONG LIVE OUR DEATH FAST RESISTANCE

All the DHKP-C, TKP(ML) and TKIP prisoners in the prisons
begin:vcard
n:;dhkc
tel;fax:003222802229
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.dhkc.org
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
adr;quoted-printable:;;Rue Belliard=0D=0Abte 8=0D=0A1040 Brussels/ Belgium;;;;
fn:dhkc
end:vcard