From: "Stasi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: [Peoples War] Ireland: Loyalists blamed for gun attack on house -
Ananova

Ananova :

Loyalists blamed for gun attack on house
============================

A young woman and her family have had a lucky escape after a number of shots
were fired into their house in a flashpoint area of north Belfast.

Several shots were fired through the front window of the house in Park End
Street, near the Limestone Road, which has seen a number of sectarian
clashes in recent days.

Sinn Fein Assembly member Gerry Kelly is blaming the latest attack on the
mainstream Loyalist paramilitary group, the Ulster Defence Association.

"This is the UDA's Christmas present to the people of north Belfast," he
said.

"This young woman is very lucky to be alive and we are fortunate not to have
a death on our hands.

"It follows a pattern of attacks which I am blaming on the UDA," Mr Kelly
added.

Locals say the gunmen tried to get into the house through the back but when
they failed, opened fire through the front window instead.

It is thought four or five shots were fired and one bullet lodged in the
wall of the front room.

Story filed: 10:06 Thursday 27th December 2001

KOMINFORM
P.O. Box 66
00841 Helsinki
Phone +358-40-7177941