"The Death Fast is in its fourth season.
85 MARTYRS. There is no difference between INSIDE AND OUTSIDE PRISON;
The whole country is an F-Type prison. WE WILL RESIST!"

20 JANUARY 2002                 Number:   447
ANOTHER DEATH FAST RESISTER HAS BEEN LEFT HANDICAPPED AFTER BEING GIVEN
FORCIBLE MEDICAL TREATMENT!

The state is continuing its crimes. While our sons and daughters are
continually appealing for humane treatment and while the four legal bars
have
made an appeal for a door to be left open on corridors containing three
cells, the Justice Minister is continuing to turn a deaf ear to these humane
and democratic demands.

CENGIZHAN PILAF OF THE 5TH DEATH FAST TEAM was removed from Edirne F-Type
Prison to hospital to be given medical treatment by force, and this
treatment
has left him handicapped.

CENGIZHAN PILAF took the tube containing serum out of his arm after the
first
medical intervention, and when it was clear he had come round he was again
subjected to medical intervention; after he opened his eyes he was made into
one of the living dead, HAVING LOST HIS MEMORY, THE PAST AND NOW SUFFERING
FROM DELUSIONS. He asked why he was in hospital and who had brought him
there, and asked the soldiers why they were removing him from hospital. He
has been brought to a state where he cannot recognise his sister or anyone
else. He asked his sister, "If you are my sister why is your face
different?"

The demand of our children is not something that it is impossible to accept.
To resolve the problem, the Justice Ministry must take a step and pay heed
our children's' demands. Isolation must be abolished, and a humane
environment must be prepared for our children.

THE TAYAD FAMILIES

TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS: 0212 249 26 04 -249 26 34 -249 26 61
e- mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
internet: www.tayad.org