From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:28:14 PST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [R-G] Israeli reserves refuse to oppress Palestinians

http://www.seruv.org/

o We, Reserve Combat Officers And Soldiers Of The Israel  Defense Forces,

o Who Were Raised Upon The Principles Of Zionism, Sacrifice  And Giving To
The People Of Israel And To The State Of  Israel, Who Have Always Served In
The Front Lines, And Who  Were The First To Carry Out Any Mission, Light Or
Heavy, In  Order To Protect The State Of Israel And Strengthen It.

o We, Combat Officers And Soldiers Who Have Served The    State Of Israel
For
Long Weeks Every Year, In Spite Of The    Dear Cost To Our Personal Lives,
Have Been On Reserve Duty  All Over The Occupied Territories, And Were
Issued Commands  And Directives That Had Nothing To Do With The Security Of
Our Country, And That Had The Sole Purpose Of Perpetuating  Our Control Over
The Palestinian People. We, Whose Eyes    Have Seen The Bloody Toll This
Occupation Exacts From Both  Sides.

o We, Who Sensed How The Commands Issued To Us In The  Territories, Destroy
All The Values We Had Absorbed While  Growing Up In This Country.

o We, Who Understand Now That The Price Of Occupation Is  The Loss Of IDF's
Human Character And The Corruption Of The  Entire Israeli Society.

o We, who know that the Territories are not Israel, and that  all
settlements are bound to be evacuated in the end.

o We Hereby Declare That We Shall Not Continue To Fight This  War Of The
Settlements.  We Shall Not Continue To Fight Beyond The 1967 Borders In
Order To Dominate, Expel, Starve And Humiliate An Entire  People.

o We hereby declare that we shall continue serving in the Israel Defense
Forces in any mission that serves Israel's defense. The missions of
occupation and oppression do not serve this purpose - and we shall take no
part in them.

KOMINFORM
P.O. Box 66
00841 Helsinki