On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 01:14:34PM -0600, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> Hm, I'm not really sure if references with fine-grained
> integrity/authentication/access-control integrated into them would help with
> this. Would it? I know a lot of people have been working on, or at least
> talking about, this sort of functionality for a couple of years now, but I
> don't have a clear idea of what architecture would work.

Yeah, I don't know either.

> One good way to think of the UX for this was suggested to me by my
> brother N— a few years ago. He said he wanted something that looked at
> behaved *exactly* like Facebook, but had no central server.

Yes.  Except that I want anyone to be able to change their own experience, and
limit who they share their information with.  In practice I think that will
mean the user interface will change very fast and be much more diverse, because
it will have 300 million people contributing to its improvements instead of
300.

Kragen