Jeff,

I do have quite a few concerns about a number of things. The crank is a GPAS
forged unit with the Force 1 prop hub. If any crank can handle the loads I
think this is my best bet. My biggest concern is the case itself. I may have to
go with a larger type 4 center bearing or go to something like the aluminum
Scat "killer case".

Cooling the power will indeed be a challenge. The water injection will help but
only testing will tell.

Right now I am running it like the Revmaster turbos ran, without a waste gate.
I may have to add one. I have noticed that once the boost is in, it does not
take much more throttle to get more power. I have considered a throttle stop
that is hinged to prevent a serious over boost that is deployed during takeoff
and landing but I'm not sure how that will work out. I have looked at a few
waste gates but none of them are programable. The would just be set to pop off
at whatever pressure its set at preventing over boost.

The ignition is also set up so that if an over boost happens the ignition
timing drops to 0 but the mag is still firing at 25 degrees BTDC. Again, I am
going to have to see how it works out. Joe at Revmaster said that the prototype
KR2S was turbocharged and ran up to 6psi with the timing set at 25 degrees. If
anyone knows anything about this please let me know!

I did drop the compression from a little over 9:1 to 8:1 by installing larger
shims under the cylinders. 8:1 is what Joe recommended. Its still higher than
the 2.5l turbo in my Subaru car, but that is running about 14psi of boost
(60"). If I recall, its CR is 7.5:1.

There will be many test flights and inspections along the way. Initially, I'll
normalize and then slowly work up to more power. The engine will have to be
torn down next winter to see what the results are. The engine is being torn
down next month to see what it looks like inside. Its got about 50 hours of
full throttle operation at over 4000rpm's on it now and I want to see how it's
held up to that.

I'm in no big rush since I have the KR to fly. If the Sonerai takes all summer
I am just going to race the KR at cruise power.

Thanks!

Jeff Lange