Appreciate all the commentary and suggestions.
I think I have a reasonable bracketing on various recommended temperatures
except for the oil temperature (251 F).  The newness of the engine may be
contributing some extra heat.  Another factor could be the prop: I don't
know for sure if the Sterba 52X52 prop is right for my airplane.  Might be
lugging to much and producing more heat and less power.  I will have to play
with the engine tuning for next flight.
My plan is to keep the existing oil cooler setup.  Added will be to blow
some fresh air on the bottom of the engine sump.  The sump has cast ribs and
some tapped holes; just the thing to fasten some sheet metal.  I saw a
baffle arrangement on a KR website, but cannot find it now.  I remember how
that looked and can adapt that baffle arrangement to my VW installation.
Also means yet another mod to the cowl and even more down time.  Gotta do
what you gotta do.
Does anyone have any info on cooling the VW oil sump?

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA