Mike,

Having used all sorts of things as mold release (and having just made
a new nose bowl for my cowl), I have found polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) to
be very easy. Its basically a sprayable rubber. Spray on a few coats
as you would paint, wax it three times and nothing will stick to it.
No tape ripples and it cleans up with water.

You can typically find at at craft stores as its commonly used in sculpting.

Here is a brief write up on my blog:
http://schmleff.blogspot.com/2013/05/applying-fiberglass-to-cowl.html

For simple parts, its hard to beat plastic packing tape IMHO.

Jeff Lange